Founded in 2007, the Homes for Horses Coalition is a network of equine rescue, sanctuary, and animal welfare organizations. Our combined expertise is aimed at promoting the welfare and protection of horses and other equines through the following:
- Supporting the professionalization of equine rescues and sanctuaries
- Ending horse slaughter and other forms of equine cruelty
- Advocating for laws and policies that improve the welfare and treatment of both domestic and wild horses, donkeys, and mules
- Connecting rescue organizations and other equine professionals to increase collaboration
- Providing a comprehensive resource library to support equine rescues
- Facilitating homes and care for horses in need
While many coalition members operate equine care facilities, others are veterinarians, trainers, or involved in government policy affecting equines. Our extensive community advocates for the best care and policy for equines in the United States and around the globe, always placing welfare above commercial interest. While the Homes for Horses Coalition thoroughly reviews applications and values high animal welfare and nonprofit standards, it is not an accrediting body; all information is self-reported by members and references.
If you are interested in engaging with the Homes for Horses coalition and joining a group of almost 500 dedicated members, fill out an application or follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Feel free to share our brochures online or order print versions from Animal Welfare Institute. Contact HHC directly through email at email@example.com.
Oversight Team and Advisory Council Members
Manager of the Homes for Horses Coalition
Advisory Council Members
Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch (Humane Society of the United States)
12526 County Rd 3806
Murchison, TX 75778
Cindy Gendron, Senior Director, Sanctuary Management, Animal Rescue, Care and Sanctuary
Rainbow Meadows Equine Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
PO Box 1452
4768 Highway K-157
Junction City, KS 66441
Karen Everheart, Executive Director/Co-founder